Victory was founded in 1995 as a content development, design and composition company working for major educational publishers in both English and Spanish. Ten years ago the company recognized and fully embraced the opportunities afforded by the technology and began producing a rich array of digital and online products. In the last five years Victory has also become noted for excellence in high stakes assessment. Today, Victory offers a unique mix of content and technology expertise, coupled with impeccable project management. Victory’s nimble and decisive environment fosters collaboration among in-house teams, expert freelancers, and our clients to bring inspired products to fruition.
Victory is seeking to add senior editors to our teams in the STEM and ELA departments. These are great positions in a thriving company for people who are excited about making a difference in education. They require writing and editing experience in the K-12 educational publishing and e-learning fields and a very good background in the relevant subject.
Senior editors are responsible for the content and quality of all assigned projects, as well as the editors under his or her supervision. The editor or senior editor will edit, revise, and/or rewrite all material, ensuring that the content:
- is accurate and age-appropriate;
- meets all desired instructional objectives;
- aligns with all state and/or national standards;
- meets all client guidelines, schedules and expectations.
Essential Functions and Expectations:
- You would be the editorial content lead on projects and be responsible for overseeing each project through the various editorial development states, while supervising expert editorial staff and freelancers assigned to your projects.
- You would also ensure, by editing, revising, or even rewriting if needed, that all the content and materials developed for your projects are accurate and age- and audience-appropriate; and that the work meets the standards and criteria required for that project by clients, Victory's own standards for quality, and relevant local, state, or national standards. You would ensure that client deadlines and milestones are met, too, and work with our outstanding team of project coordinators to achieve this.
- Meetings with clients and stakeholders to coordinate and move projects forward occur regularly, and may require travel to client or company sites on occasion.
- Senior editors help develop and mentor editorial staff. Senior editors also have the opportunity to further hone their own skills through working with Victory's top-notch editorial directors and supervising editors.
- Reports to the Editorial Director
- Interacts with project coordinators, editors, freelancers, quality control staff, and clients.
- These editorial positions require a strong and specialized understanding of content development in the subject - Math, Science, or English Language Arts. This would include an up-to-date knowledge of the educational trends, standards, and practices of the subject - you really understand their structure, intent, and philosophy, perhaps as part of the writing team or state review process.
- You need to have the writing and editing skills and experience required to be able to edit, revise or rewrite relevant content and materials.
- You need to be familiar with educational assessments - their design, parameters, and application, as Victory is well known for its assessment work.
- You should have at least three years of experience successfully managing others in a similar capacity, with a very good grasp of the general publishing process (including editorial, graphic services, copyediting, proofreading, and technology).
- Very good communication and "people skills" are needed for these positions. Most of our work for clients is done in English, if you are also fluent in Spanish that is a plus.
- Experience as a K-12 classroom teacher
- Technology skills
- Bachelor, Master or Doctoral level degree. Equivalent experience can be substituted for a degree.
- Salary Range depending on experience.
- Health and 401k Plans
How Victory Productions Is Different
Victory is already a recognized innovator in electronic media. Blended learning, the use of integrated media and technologies such as eBooks, videos, online courses and social interaction, are an integral part of the company’s development efforts. We’re also leading the way in the research of Big Data applications for education. This expertise puts Victory in a leadership role in the industry, providing a meaningful contribution to the evolution of education in the United States.
Victory Productions has many industry firsts:
- Two of the first iBooks textbooks to be sold on the iTunes Store: the Economics and Personal Finance series and Breaking the Spanish Barrier.
- The first K-6 online component to be submitted as an integral part of a state adoption. This 2005 K-6 social studies basal program swept California.
- The first social studies iPad textbook app (grade 4) as part of the Commonwealth of Virginia’s Beyond Textbooks initiative.
- One of the first databases to track state standards (as early as 2004).
- The first multi-touch LMS. Teachers choose the grade and state social studies standard to be taught. Lessons and content individualized for each student are presented, and the results are recorded and compiled.
Victory continues to develop engaging, content-rich, individualized learning experiences that are accessible at any time and available on multiple platforms:
- Assessments (high-stakes, formative, technology-enhanced, CCSS performance tasks).
- Basal and supplemental programs for all curriculum areas.
- iBooks textbooks and other EPUB platforms, iPad Apps/Mobile Apps, Web sites, online courses, LMS, LCMS, interactive labs, simulations, games, and animations.
- HTML5 and iOS conversions and products.
- Big Data analytics, multidimensional item-bank analytics, linguistic pattern analytics, visual grade books, natural language clustering engines, concept maps.
- Bilingual products and modern language programs.
Victory has the expertise to provide a full array of publishing services, from the conception and creation of an innovative new product to the speedy completion of a basal program. Come be a part of Victory’s team!
Job Posted: November 2015